I love to build connections and really get to know my clients. Even though I write my newsletters each week, you still may not know a lot about me, so in honor of my business anniversary, I wanted to share a little bit about me and let everyone get to know me through my newsletter!
So, hi. This is me. And now, here we go! 10 things that you probably didn’t know about me:
1. I am constantly singing show tunes in my head. I have a strange knack for memorizing lyrics, and I LOVE musicals. So whenever I hear a word or phrase from a song, I immediately start singing the song in my head… until I hear the next word and get another song stuck in my head. I think my 3 year old has the same magical quirk, but so far he’s limited to “Twinkle, Twinkle” and “Let It Go.”
2. I love tea – and I don’t drink coffee. I love all kinds of tea! Black tea, white tea, rooibos, herbal, but my absolute favorite is chai tea with milk and (fake) sugar. I have an instant hot water dispenser installed in my kitchen, multiple tea strainers, and a drawer full of different loose teas. My favorite of the season is Chai and Mighty from David’s Tea, but I’m always open to try new teas!
3. I met my husband on stage. Although technically at a rehearsal – we were both performing in a production of “Brigadoon” and immediately hit it off. We got engaged the next summer while we were performing in “The Producers” and have also since been in “Camelot.” We took a break from performing for a while to have kids, but can’t wait to get our kids on stage soon too!
4. My husband dropped me in the sand after 10 minutes of marriage. We got married on the beach in Hawaii and right after the ceremony, the photographer asked him to pick me up for a photo, so he did…. and immediately dropped me in the sand in my wedding dress. The photographer panicked and rushed in to help me, but my brother managed to capture it on camera so we’ll all remember it forever! (Sorry, Matt!) I thought it was hilarious and couldn’t stop laughing – I figured we were off to a great start if that was the craziest thing to happen on our wedding day!
5. I can’t whistle. At all. Even a tiny bit. Just air every single time – no sounds come out.
6. I love languages. I took Spanish starting in middle school which was an amazing decision and I loved it. While I was in high school, I took Spanish classes every year, hosted exchange students from Mexico City, went to Mexico City to visit my exchange student friends, and was a Spanish camp counselor over the summer in Minnesota. In college I took Spanish Literature and Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Now, my husband and I play guessing games where we try to guess languages we don’t know just based on letter and signs. Yeah, we know it’s geeky.
7. I watch more reality dating shows than anyone else you know. I love reality tv, especially dating shows – and I’ve seen them all. I know they’re sometimes fake, but I don’t care. I really loved “Conveyor Belt of Love” which only aired for one episode in 2010, but if it ever gets renewed, I will host the party, and we can all watch it together! At family dinners my siblings have even challenged me to see if they can name dating shows I haven’t seen – so feel free to give it a shot, I’d love to find a new one to add to my watch list!
8. I traveled to 4 different countries when I was pregnant. As part of my MBA and M-GM (Masters in Global Management) programs I got to travel and experience business in other countries – I went to Lima, Peru and Prague in the Czech Republic. While I was in Europe for my program in Prague, I also went to London and Ireland with my husband – this photo (right) is in Kinsale, Ireland. I brought a stuffed animal or doll back from each country for my son as a souvenir from our adventures.
9. I won a speech contest in 5th grade. I enjoy pubic speaking so I entered and won the district speech contest in 5th grade. As part of my reward for winning I got to be one of the MC’s for the high school speech contest. We were given our lines on cards that evening so I didn’t read them before I spoke – and then I mispronounced ‘academy’ as “AK-ah-deh-mee” instead of “ah-KAH-deh-mee”. It’s still one of my most embarrassing moments.
10. My kids inspire me. I can’t say enough positive things about my kids. They are 1 and 3 and they are the most fun, creative, and strong kids I have ever met. I never realized exactly how stubborn I am until I saw that same stubbornness staring right back at me in my kids. Both my kids have significant allergies; my oldest also has a primary immunodeficiency. This means that they have a lot more ‘medical’ than other kids do, but they are so happy and strong that they amaze me with their constant resilience.
Bonus #11. I love to travel and I love to help people plan their travel. I have always had the travel bug and always loved planning other people’s trips. Becoming a travel professional was an easy and seamless decision for me and I absolutely love what I do.
So now it’s your turn! Comment below or send me an email and let me know something interesting that I don’t know about you.
I would love to get to know you and help you plan your perfect vacation! Contact me to start planning your next vacation now!